Our exclusive Santi Heated Vest Flex and Gloves Set is a ready-to-dive heating system that comes with Santi’s new-generation Blue Power battery and connection valve of your choice.
Slip on the vest and gloves, plug in the power and don your drysuit as you would for a warm and comfortable dive with almost two hours run-time on this power-horse battery while using the vest and gloves at the same time.
This set is perfect for divers who need more insulation than can be provided by ‘passive’ non-heated undersuits and is only a step down from a full-blown heated undersuit for those exceptionally cold, deep or long dives.
Santi Deluxe Heated Vest Set includes
- Santi Heated Vest Flex 2.0
- Santi Heated Gloves 2.0 with cables
- Santi Blue Power Battery 14Ah with a charger
- Santi Drysuit Connector or Thermovalve 303 (⏎ Read the difference)
Santi Heated Vest Flex 2.0
The Santi Heated Vest Flex 2.0 was designed to provide the highest functionality and safety. Thanks to the fabric used, the vest provides thermal comfort even when a battery is not used.
Made of very flexible Climashield insulation fabric weighing 180g/m2, it consists of three layers – breathable Climashield Contour insulation covered with two protective layers made of polyester from the inside and outside. The external layer also has windproof properties.
The newest version of the Santi Heated Vest, thanks to new, non-quilted fabric quality, provides more warmth towards the body. It generates better thermal properties and keeps the heat trapped closer to the body for longer.
The sides and crotch strap of the vest feature wide elastic bands to allow the best adjustments.
The Heated Vest can be used directly over a thinsulate or ‘sandwiched’ between a thinsulate and baselayer to capture and spread heat proportionally.
- Handy pocket for power cord
- P-valve hose opening
- Wires covered with ultra-soft silicone isolation resistant to breaking
- Power cable resistant to high temperatures and cuts
- Power cable hidden in a handy pocket
- Ergonomic nesting and wires layout inside
- Weight: 180g/m2, isolation: 0.96 CLO
- Maximum heating temperature: 45ºC
- Maximum heating power: 55W
- Safety switch preventing from overheating and too strong current
Santi Heated Gloves
Santi Heated Gloves 2.0 are very soft and do not hinder movements. The thin heating cables are arranged and sewn to be practically imperceptible. Under your dry glove you don’t feel the difference – is it your normal gloves or the heated ones? But you can feel the difference in the comfort you experience.
Hands are the first to get cold. When chilled and numb, they cause discomfort. But they are also incapable of properly handling inflators or valves, taking pictures or videoing. Capable hands are also helpful if you want to quickly escape troubles underwater.
Evenly distributed heating wiring that allows for freedom of movement in palms. The gloves keep your hands warm even when the heating is not on.
- Breathable fabric
- Maximum heating temperature 45°C
- Maximum heating power: 36W (pair)
- Maximum operating voltage: 12V
Thermovalve or Drysuit Connector?
Both the Santi Thermovalve 303 and the Drysuit Connector are used to connect an external power source to your Santi heated vest, heated gloves or heated undersuit. Both are available in Apeks or SiTech fittings.
The Santi Drysuit Connector does this by being attached to your existing drysuit inflation valve, continuing to use the original valve for inflation and running power through the connector element. It adds 19mm height to your valve.
Thermovalve 303’s great advantage is placing the cable with the E/O connector in the down position, with the possibility of turning the head by 270 degrees, which allows for trouble-free connection of the hopper cable both in the position of the connector to the right and left.
Read our SANTI Thermovalve and Drysuit Connector comparison
Santi Blue Power Battery
The Santi Blue Power Battery Medium – 14Ah marks the beginning of a new generation of batteries dedicated to the Santi heating system(s) with half the power of the Blue Power Large 28Ah battery.
Uniting modern technology and contemporary electronics, the Santi Blue Power battery will allow you to enjoy uninterrupted and unflagging heat comfort over time.
With its two settings, the Santi Blue Power battery allows 2 levels of heating and independent, non-invasive (field) replacement of the power cable if necessary.
Blue Power Battery difference
Several important features distinguish the Santi Blue Power battery from other batteries available on the market:
- The ability to maintain a stable voltage level, thus maintaining a constant heating temperature throughout the battery’s run time during a dive.
- Two levels of constant voltage output set by the user as needed: (1) For typical heating power needed – Operated at 11V; (2) For higher heating power needed – Operated at 12V
- A new ergonomic design of the E/O cord connector with two LEDs
- Audible and luminous indication of the battery mode along with an indication of low charge level.
- Anti-slip casing and ergonomic shape are particularly useful on the surface.
- The possibility of simple field replacement of the E/O cord cable in the selected length without having to send it for service.
- A new failure-free piezoelectric button.
Maximum operating times
- Santi Heated undersuit (110W): 1h 30min
- Santi Heated vest (55W): 3h
- Santi Heated gloves (36W): 5h
- Santi Heated undersuit with gloves (146W): 1h 10min
- Santi Heated vest with gloves (91W): 1h 45min
What does the value represented in watt-hours mean?
Santi Blue Power batteries are available in two capacities, medium (14Ah) and large (28Ah).
In the case of the 198Wh Blue Power Medium setting the diver will have 198W of power to use in one hour. The diver will have 99W to use in two hours, and in four hours, about 45W.
Santi’s heating vest has 55W + heating gloves 36W – a total of 91W. So 198Wh with a 14Ah battery will allow the equipment to be used for: 198Wh / 91W = 2.17h or about 2 hours and 10 minutes.
The heating gloves have 36W. So 397Wh with the Santi Blue Power Large 28Ah Battery will allow heating gloves for: 397 Wh / 36W = 11.02h or about 11 hours.
The above result is also affected by the temperature at which the battery operates.
What systems can the Santi Blue Power battery be used for?
The Santi Blue Power battery is dedicated only to powering the Santi heating system components. The technology used in the batteries is not compatible with other devices.
DOWNLOAD: Blue Power Battery Manual Want to know which batteries can be used with SANTI heating systems and decide which suits you best? Check out our Comprehensive Review of Batteries for SANTI Heating.