The Santi Blue Power Battery Large – 28Ah marks the beginning of a new generation of batteries dedicated to the Santi heating system(s) with double the power of the new Blue Power Medium 14Ah battery.
With the 2023 launch of the Santi Blue Power battery, Santi has launched a new standard of power and comfort associated with the use of Santi heating products.
Uniting modern technology and contemporary electronics, the Santi Blue Power battery will allow you to enjoy uninterrupted and unflagging heat comfort over time.
With its two settings, the Santi Blue Power battery allows 2 levels of heating and independent, non-invasive (field) replacement of the power cable if necessary.
The Santi Blue Power battery difference
Several important features distinguish the Santi Blue Power battery from other batteries available on the market:
- The ability to maintain a stable voltage level, thus maintaining a constant heating temperature throughout the battery’s run time during a dive.
- Two levels of constant voltage output set by the user as needed: (1) For typical heating power needed – Operated at 11V; (2) For higher heating power needed – Operated at 12V
- A new ergonomic design of the E/O cord connector with two LEDs
- Audible and luminous indication of the battery mode along with an indication of low charge level.
- Anti-slip casing and ergonomic shape are particularly useful on the surface.
- The possibility of simple field replacement of the E/O cord cable in the selected length without having to send it for service.
- A new failure-free piezoelectric button.
Maximum operating time of Blue Power Battery Large – 28Ah
- Santi Heated undersuit (110W): 3h
- Santi Heated vest (55W): 6h
- Santi Heated gloves (36W): 10h
- Santi Heated undersuit with gloves (146W): 2h 20min
- Santi Heated vest with gloves (91W): 3h 30min
What does the value represented in watt-hours mean?
Santi Blue Power batteries are available in two capacities, medium (14Ah) and large (28Ah).
In the case of the 198Wh Blue Power Medium 14Ah Battery setting the diver will have 198W of power to use in one hour. The diver will have 99W to use in two hours, and in four hours, about 45W.
Santi’s heating vest has 55W + heating gloves 36W – a total of 91W. So 198Wh with a 14Ah battery will allow the equipment to be used for: 198Wh / 91W = 2.17h or about 2 hours and 10 minutes.
The heating gloves have 36W. So 397Wh with Blue Power Large 28Ah will allow heating gloves for: 397 Wh / 36W = 11.02h or about 11 hours.
The above result is also affected by the temperature at which the battery operates.
What systems can the Santi Blue Power battery be used for?
Whichever one of the two batteries you use, the Santi Blue Power battery is dedicated only to powering the Santi heating system components. The technology used in the batteries is not compatible with other devices.